Moving Supplies We Offer
Think of our Super Storage locations in Garner New Bern and Clayton as your one-stop shop for the mini storage supplies, storage space, and advice you need to store your business or personal goods safely and simply.
At our mini-storage store, we sell:
- Boxes – sturdy boxes of varying sizes and shapes
- Packing tape
- Bubble wrap and other protective packing materials
- Mattress and furniture covers
- Wrapping paper
- Moving pads
- Tie-down straps
- Trailer light hook ups
Whether you are storing your possessions prior to a move, or plan to leave them in the storage unit indefinitely, it pays to purchase quality self storage materials and pack goods carefully. An investment in the right supplies will ensuring that your goods are protected from damage, dust and mildew.
Don’t see something you need in our store inventory? Let us know and we’ll order it for you!
Tips for Packing Boxes
- Start with high-quality packing boxes designed for the job. Don’t use old or odd-sized boxes. Our self storage stores have a variety of shapes and sizes to suit your needs.
- Pack heavy items such as books in smaller boxes to make moving them easier.
Use wardrobe boxes to hang your garments in.
- Purchase as many similar size boxes as possible; they are easier to stack in storage units than are boxes of varying sizes.
- Fill boxes completely. If there are empty spaces, stuff unprinted newsprint (prevents ink smudge transfers) in them to keep the contents in place.
- Seal your boxes with packing tape to keep dust and debris out.
Residential/Home/Apartment Storage Tips
- Keep your boxes in uniform sizes. They are much easier to stack that way.
- Make up an inventory of your stored items and keep it in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in mirror crates marked “FRAGILE” and stacked on end.
- Larger appliances make excellent “packing cases” for blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.
- Use freestanding shelves to help organize your unit.
- Label the contents of all boxes on multiple sides for easier reference.
- Disassemble tables and bookcases and store them on their sides. Be sure to wrap and mark all pieces for convenient re-assembly.
- Do not place goods against the storage unit walls; leave a four-inch air space around the unit perimeter to allow air to circulate. Leave a center aisle for easy access to all items.
- Store items you’ll need most often at the front of the storage unit and place valuables toward the rear of the storage unit.
- Make sure that all appliances are clean and dry before storing them. Leave appliances slightly ajar to prevent mildew.
- To prevent rusting, rub a small amount of machine oil on metal tools, bicycles, and equipment. Drain and clean all debris from all equipment before you store them in your warehouse.
- If you’ve collected lots of books over time, it’s a great time to reevaluate what you really want to keep. Never pack more than 30 pounds of books in a box. Use small boxes and pack books flat so the corners won’t break. Photo albums should be in climate controlled storage. These are heated and cooled storage units with humidity control.
- Load furniture first and boxes last in the truck. It will make it easier when you unload at your storage unit.
- Clothing, rugs and anything fabric related should be clean and free from anything that may attract pests.
- Wrap sofas in heavy blankets and, if possible, stand on end.
- Most lightweight chairs can be stacked “seat to seat” or placed upside down on other furniture. Keep upholstery off the floor. Place plastic covers over upholstered items and mattresses. We sell these materials in our stores.
Commercial & Business Self Storage Tips
- When storing books, pack them flat in the box to protect their spines. Use packing paper to fill out empty areas in the boxes. Do not overload.
- Documents and file boxes can be stored more efficiently using free standing shelving.
- Be sure to make a list of all stored materials, and if possible, add coding to your boxes in an easily viewable place on the storage box to make retrieval easier.
- When storing tools, metal items and equipment, be sure to clean and wipe with a rag and machine oil to keep away dust corrosion.
- Never store perishables, oils, liquids, explosives, flammable liquids and fuels, toxic materials, or other items that need a controlled environment.